Blogs Blogs and More Blogs

Today is a regular off day for me so I decided to head on over to Blotanical and see whats been going on. I have met so many kind gardeners there, and everyone has something to share, so many helpful ideas and tips to use in the garden. It seems every day several more new garden blogs appear, and this is a good thing. It means that people are searching for something more, that they feel a desire to get back to nature and all that this wonderful earth offers us. We get so caught up in the day to day grind that we have somehow forgotten along the way what it is to relax and do things that we enjoy. Gardening is such a rewarding form of relaxation. Now I didn't say that there is no labor involved, because I am here to tell you that you will get your workout, hauling dirt and rocks, compost and mulch. Not to mention all of those plants that you just bought, you will probably at the least make 3-4 trips around the garden trying to decide the perfect spot. Then you have to dig all of those holes, yes my friend for every plant that you just had to have it must have a hole to be planted in. Now that you have everything planted and mulched you can sit back with a tall glass of iced lemonade and marvel over all that you have just accomplished. then it hits you, suddenly you realize that the hydrangea you just spent so much time wandering around the garden with absolutely can not be planted there! so up you go, forget the lemonade it will be lemon water by the time you get back, that is if your flashlight has batteries.
Well, I kinda got off topic, what I wanted to say is that I have spent the majority of the day going back and forth between my blog and blotanical. I have a lot of gardening friends from blotanical that I have not added to my blog roll here. It can get kind of confusing because like I said there are so many and after awhile it can get a little confusing and I am a little confused. Can you tell?
This is something that I have intended on doing for some time now but have just procrastinated, now I know why. Anyway, I hope I have gotten everyone added now and maybe I wont let it get this far ahead of me again.


Comments

Lona said…
LOL, I have to laugh at your posting of trying to find a spot for your hydrangea. I do that all the time. I will get a plant I just love not knowing where I am going to put it before buying it. Then wander around the yard setting it down in one spot, then another to see where it looks the best.I do the same thing with garden decorations. Just know my neighbors think I am the most eccentric or just loony :) Now they know for sure after wandering around with a camera in an ice storm :)
Lona
Machelle said…
Lona,
I guess we gardeners are like two peas in a pod. :)
Anonymous said…
lol...I like your profile tag.."that means I neglect all of my househod duties..." So, so true! Now, if only I had married a guy that would do all of those household duties for me, I'd be in business! lol. I just keep digging new beds...new beds for plants there is no more room for! I'll be building new veggie beds in the front yard this year and will have to dig some new bed space to accommodate more English hybrid roses, All shades of peach, which I am obsessed with. But only in English hybrid roses! Let's face it...plant geeks are ALL weird...
F Cameron said…
Machelle -- You're so right about all the wonderful gardening blogs! It's a good thing that I work from home (freelancing) so that I can spend HOURS making my "blog rounds" -- in other words, visiting all my virtual gardening friends.

Cheers,
Cameron
tina said…
Machelle, You crack me up! You must have been in my garden when I realized those two new hydrangeas had to be moved! Ha! Yup, been there done that. So many blogs, so little time......

Your blogroll will be a good help to you. I really like mine and Blotanical too of course. Have a great weekend.
Unknown said…
I too like your description of yourself as a gardener who neglects household duties. Moi aussi. In our house, that means LongSuffering Spouse does a lot of the housework/laundry etc. But he doesn't do windows.
Sunita Mohan said…
I think you'll find a lot of,"me too!" from the garden blogging community, Machelle :D
Every time I describe something that I do which my friends and family find especially eccentric, there is a chorus of "yeah, me too" from my friends at Blotanical. Great place to restore my faith in myself ;)
Sunita Mohan said…
Forgot to add : thanks for choosing to following The Urban Gardener ! :)
I was just looking through posts by new garden bloggers, and came across this. It looks like you may be an "older" blogger than me. That is your blog, not you. I like what you say under your photo about being a gardener and neglecting your household duties. Well, my blogging has become my winter gardening, so I'm still neglecting those household duties.

I am also confused in the world of blogging, trying to remember who I've replied to, and who I've gotten behind in reading. And, I don't understand why I haven't read your posts before. At least, I don't remember if I have. LOL
I was just looking through posts by new garden bloggers, and came across this. It looks like you may be an "older" blogger than me. That is your blog, not you. I like what you say under your photo about being a gardener and neglecting your household duties. Well, my blogging has become my winter gardening, so I'm still neglecting those household duties.

I am also confused in the world of blogging, trying to remember who I've replied to, and who I've gotten behind in reading. And, I don't understand why I haven't read your posts before. At least, I don't remember if I have. LOL
Unknown said…
Im pretty sure I have garden A.D.D. so your post was funny to me. I wander around the garden and jump from place to place and never really finish any one thing. Gotta love it though.
Gardeness said…
This is hilarious, especially since I can hardly stand from all the yard work I did yesterday. Yes, many household duties fall by the wayside, don't they. Thanks for stopping by my site. I look forward to more of your posts. Cheers.
Anonymous said…
I have very much enjoyed my time at Blotanical, but it sure is addicting and time consuming! But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical Emergency!!

Saturday To Do List

My Seeds!