The Good,The Bad and the Ugly

Yes, believe it or not, good insects do exist in the garden. I cringe when I hear folks say that their spaying for bugs in the garden. Don't get me wrong I, shamefully will admit that I too have grabbed for the insecticide in a moment of sheer desperation, but let me say that has been years ago, before I knew better.



Now that I have done away with the sprays and retired my bug zappers I have seen a plethora of good bugs. I now have several orb spiders, I remember as a child seeing these in my grandparents garden. Usually when I find an insect that I can not identify, I will snap a picture then research it on the web. I thought I would share some of these with you.


This is a Hummingbird Moth. It closely resembles a Bumblebee.




This Is a Bumblebee.



Swallowtail



















This is the bug that ate Susie. I still can not identify it. Some kind of weevil, I suppose








a moth or butterfly









I found this quite amusing
.









This moth reminds me of a B-52 stealth.



This Hummingbird Moth seems to think he needed sunglasses.











  1. and this....well I still haven't identified it, but he's kinda cute.

Comments

Phillip Oliver said…
Nice photos! Thanks for visiting my blog. It is a pleasure to discover yours.

Popular posts from this blog

Organizing the Garden Shed

Botanical Emergency!!

Saturday To Do List