Sometimes you gotta break the rules!!



Well, I have been quite busy in the garden this summer. I have been trying to amend the soil in all of the beds. I have even relocated several plants that were not thriving in the location that i originally chose for them. I try to do this when Dewayne isn’t looking, but somehow he always shows up at about the time I have finally managed to get the plant out of the ground and we (the plant and I) are on our way to it’s new home. I hate the disapproving look he gives me and the question that always follows. ” what are you doing?” o.k. I will admit it . I am a plant mover!There I said it. i firmly believe if a plant is not doing well in one spot move it to another. I have had much success with this practice. Some plants that I have moved this year are: blue star creeper, it was on the brink of death, I knew I had to act fast. I prepared another hole in what I hoped was a more sutible location. Shovel in hand I carefully removed the lifeless plant from it’s would be tomb and Med-Shoveled it to a nearby recovery area, I treated it with some nice rich compost and plenty of water. I am happy to report that it has made a wonderfully full recovery. Oh yes, I did lead my husband over to the once dying plant and said, See sometimes ya gotta break the rules!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Organizing the Garden Shed

Blogs Blogs and More Blogs

Saturday To Do List